[NFBCS] Managing Pull Requests on Github with Screenreader

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 18:51:40 UTC 2020

One of the functions of my BrowserNav addon for NVDA is called browser
marks. You can configure an arbitrary regular expression to match all
the important items on the page, and then quickly jump to them using J
or Shift+J commands in browse mode. This comes especially handy for
pages that don't have enough headings/landmarks.
I can illustrate how I use it, but this is not from github, this is
rather from my company's private source control. There are two places on
the pull request page that I'm interested in: one is a link called edit
tags, and the other one is "more actions", which contains some usefule
information that I often need to jump to. So I have configured my regexp
to be:
(^Edit tag$|^More actions...$)
And this way I can quickly jump to only the parts of the page that I'm
interested in.
You can download BrowserNav here:
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-browser-nav/
HTH