[NFBCS] IT / Datascience Query: Creating ERDs on Win64

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 11:41:36 UTC 2020

Hi,

Anyone had any experience creating entity relationship diagrams on Windows
via accessible means? If so, what solutions are useful? Had a blind friend
and mostly Ubuntu Linux user tell me they used Graphviz but I have found I
couldn't interact with it on Win.

I am studying a B Computer Science at a university where students are
required to use an MS Office 365 license of Visio, loading it via VMware
Horizon as a virtual desktop.  But I have found it is completely impossible
to interact with the GUI by that means.  Would it be worth using Visio
locally as a stand-alone app? Is there a better solution?

I do already have a Ubuntu VM if necessary but am much more comfortable
working on Win.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Schmidt

Undergraduate student

Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)

School of Information Technology

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

Deakin University, Cloud campus

https://sync.deakin.edu.au/profiles/student/njschmidt/

Std. ID: 220493627

E: njschmidt at deakin.edu.au <mailto:njschmidt at deakin.edu.au>