[NFBCS] windows narrator, hyper v and windows server issues

Marvin Hunkin startrektech at techie.com
Wed Dec 2 10:29:39 UTC 2020

Hi. Have two issues using hyper v with narrator.

When creating a vm, and then installing windows server 2019. Have not tried
it with 2016. Narrator does not turn on, just hear caps lock on and off. And
nvda does not turn on either. Also tried the audio end point builder and
audio srv inside a vm, in windows server. Does not come on. Wish there was a
way for narrator to detect if the client talk back to the server. Did try vm
ware player, able to use the windows 10 talking installer. Did read the
install screens for windows server 2019 essentials. But when it rebooted, no
speech, and just the vm ware window. So no good. And virtual box kept
chrashing when I tried to use it. So hyper v is built into windows 10 pro
which I have. So for the most part it is accessible with jaws, nvda. So, any
one got any scripts, work arounds, or how they get around it. Having to wait
for sighted people to remote in to my machine, and then having to do this.
Would like to set it up without sighted help. Microsoft has a gap in this
space. Did give feedback on the user voice and also feeback hub if Microsoft
reads my feedback. Unless you can direct me where I could contact the
narrator accessibility team and also the windows server accessibility.
Frustrated. Got 3 weeks to do two last practical assignments. And stressing
out. Then every oen goes on vacation for a few weeks. Got till January  9 to
complete my current course.

If any one has had issues, being totally blind, how did they get speech,
under hyper v virtual machine. Don't have access to a dedicated server.
Remote connection manager, worked some times and connected, then would not
do that. So just used the hyper v connection I had. And then when getting
out of one of my vms, if I do a shutdown, does not go back to the host,
totally chrashes my speech. If I disconnect, still get speech which is
weird.

Any ideas.

Just frustrated

Able to use nvda as don't have a jaws remote licence, going to purchase a
jaws remote licence in 2021. Will beenrolling in the diploma of networking
from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. Only blind student there online..

Marvin.