[NFBCS] Which graphical screen readers are folks using under Linux/BSD/Unix?

beth.chocolategeek at gmail.com beth.chocolategeek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 14:39:02 UTC 2020

Hi Brian,

Orca with Firefox works pretty well. I have a Ubuntu system running and
Firefox works pretty close to what I can do in Windows. I've found some apps
are accessible in Orca, while others aren't, unfortunately, a problem we
also have in Windows.

To the best of my knowledge, the last time I checked, the KDE graphical
desktop does not have a screen reader so Orca and Gnome would be the best. I
haven't been able to connect through a virtual environment using Orca to
another Linux or Windows system, this is something I'm working on for work
and possibly school projects.