[NFBCS] Viewing windows information from command line with non bootable system?

charles.vanek at gmail.com charles.vanek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 20:59:40 UTC 2020

If you're starting from complete scratch and creating install media is no
trouble then you should try the 64-bit version first; worst case scenario is
it will tell you that it's a 32-bit CPU and you'll have to switch.

Also.  A recovery tip I learned (the hard way) is to create the recovery
install media from Microsoft on a USB 2.0 thumb drive not a USB 3.0 thumb
drive.  Reason is that USB 3.0 drivers are not fully compatible with the
install media, but USB 2.0 are.  This will save you the frustration of
needing to find out what driver is missing.  Theoretically I think plugging
a USB 3.0 thumb drive into a USB 2.0 port may also avoid the driver problem.

Best,
CV