[NFBCS] Fact check for resolution 2020-20 on IAAP policies and practices

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 19 14:47:37 UTC 2020

While it is done -- I agree with Aaron.

Someone in my state -- who has participated in IAAP activities on
multiple levels contacted me and said that IAAP says that there are
inaccurate things in the resolution.

It could be, but I am not so sure.  I looked at the Kryterion web
site and found nothing about accessibility. And they use biometrics
for some things, which could be a problem for some blind
people.  Searches for accessibility, and blind, come up blank.

As Aaron points out, the at-home experience for blind people isn't equal.

Someone said that IAAP has no control over Kryterion. This is not
true, they contract with them.

I do believe that IAAP has good intent. I took my CPACC test with no
accessibility problems. We had a locally proctored test though.

IAAP can contract with Kryterion, who might say the right things to
IAAP, and they then sub-contract with hundreds of sites across the
country, who might not do things properly, so you end up with a mess.

Dave

https://www.avg.com