[NFBCS] Adding and retrieving Favorites in Microsoft Edge

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 21:32:41 UTC 2020

Greetings:

The procedure I use for managing website favorites works across all of the
Windows browsers I have worked with over the years: Internet Explorer,
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and (now) the new Microsoft Edge. Here it
is.

First, I created a folder within My Documents called Favorites. There is
nothing magical about the name of the folder. You can call it anything you
like. This is where you would store any Favorite that you create.

Second, using Edge or any other browser, go to the web page for which you
would like to create a favorite or shortcut. Press ALT+D or CTRL+L (it
really doesn't matter) to move the focus to the address bar. Since the URL
contained in the address bar is already highlighted (selected), press CTRL+C
to copy the URL to the Windows Clipboard.

With File Explorer, open the Favorites folder you have created. Press
CTRL+SPACE a couple of times to ensure that nothing is selected. JAWS should
tell you when the line item is not selected.

Now, press Shift+F10 to open up a context menu and up arrow to New. Press
right arrow to open the submenu and press down arrow to Shortcut. Press
Enter.

Paste the URL you copied earlier into the edit field and tab once to type a
name for the Shortcut. Then, press Enter.

That's all there is to it. Any time you want to manage or go to a favorite,
use File Explorer first to locate the favorite and then press Enter to
activate it.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong