[NFBCS] Jumping website

Jim Denham jdenham at wcblind.org
Wed Oct 28 15:10:05 UTC 2020

Tracy:

It sounds as if the page may be auto refreshing. Assuming you are using JAWS,  you can stop this by going into the verbosity menu. Go to the website which is causing the problem. Press Insert V to bring up the verbosity menu. Type refresh into the edit box. Do not press enter. Press down arrow. You will find two entries for page refreshing. The first will stop page refreshes on all websites, the second will only suppress them on the current site. Move to the appropriate option and press space to toggle among the three options. The choices are automatic, every sixty seconds or off. You probably want to set this to off. Once done, tab to ok and press enter. This should suppress pages refreshes and probably resolve the issue you are experiencing.
Hope this helps.
Jim