[NFBCS] Keeping Linux Tidy

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri Apr 2 19:10:39 UTC 2021

Hey Tyler,

Sounds like you and I manage things in a similar way.

/usr/local/src is not for kernel stuff, its designated for your source code.

One can Just use sudo to create /usr/local/src/<blah> and chown it.

Alternatively, if no one else is managing the machine, just chown /usr/local/src and manage it that way.

I also often manage source code out of my home directory.  However, Jonesy made it clear that wanted a highly organized machine.  Keeping everying in one designated spot, so /usr/local/src sounded like a good option to me.

Take Care,

Jim