[NFBCS] Seeking mentor

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Sat Jan 2 17:59:37 UTC 2021

The book I always used to hear praised for Python instruction, and one I went partway through myself, was perhaps misleadingly named "Learn Python the Hard Way." In the book's terms, "the hard way" meant through practice and
experimentation rather than just by being told what to do and expect. I don't know if that book was updated for Python 3, but I heartily recommend concentrating on Python 3 rather than 2 and on getting a text that covers that
adequately rather than something too old to start there.