[NFBCS] OSX Questions

Michael McQuaid mickmcquaid at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 02:37:42 UTC 2021

I think I answered the first question before but here it is again, just in
case. You can use "brew tap" to deal with third party repositories and it
defaults to github.

Question 2: I don't know how to make the screen curtain come on at boot by
itself, but there is a third party software that will make it come on at
login. It is found at http://manytricks.com/desktopcurtain

Not sure about question 3

Regarding question 4, the only way I can find to open an app in background
is through terminal or a script. I can't figure out why yours is opening in
background. Sorry.

One thing I'm doing in searching for help is prefacing the question with
macOS instead of OSX since Apple is now calling it macOS. That seems to
bring up more recent help.

- Mick