[NFBCS] Apple Urging Immediate update to Both iOS and iPadOS 14.4 for iPhones (6+) and iPads

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 03:05:43 UTC 2021

Hi, sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it.  I just received
this message from one of my antivirus software providers and they don't
always make a habit of sending emails like this, so I guess it's pretty
important.  If you want more info then go to:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212146

Regards,

Nathaniel

            Security Alert

            Update to iOS 14.4 immediately to address critical
vulnerabilities

            What is happening?

Apple released iOS 14.4 for iPhones and iPadOS 14.4 for iPads to address
three critical vulnerabilities in its mobile operating systems that may
already be actively targeted by hackers. The vulnerabilities target the
kernel, the core of iOS, and WebKit, the web browser engine behind Safari.

            You can read about the specifics of the vulnerabilities on
Apple's Support site.

What should I do about it?

If you have any of the following iOS or iPadOS devices:

.           iPhone 6s and later

.           iPad Air 2 and later

.           iPad Mini 4 and later

.           iPod Touch (7th generation)

            You should update your operating system to iOS 14.4 or iPadOS
14.4 immediately by following Apple's instructions for iPhones and iPads.

Nathaniel Schmidt

Undergraduate student

Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)

School of Information Technology

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

Deakin University, Melbourne (Burwood) campus

https://sync.deakin.edu.au/profiles/student/njschmidt/

E: njschmidt at deakin.edu.au <mailto:njschmidt at deakin.edu.au>

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/njsch/

GitHub: https://github.com/njsch/