[NFBCS] Creating Headings in Microsoft Word

chaltain at outlook.com chaltain at outlook.com
Sun Jan 31 22:24:53 UTC 2021

Just adding to what Robert said, but I also think of headings as breaking up a document like an outline. Your screen readers also let you jump around a document by the headings, similar to what you can do on a web page. Using JAWS for example, you can turn quick keys on while in a Word document with the JAWS-key+z and then use 'h' to jump from heading to heading or '1' to jump to headings at level 1, '2' to jump to headings at level 2 and so on. I think about how I will want to navigate a document to determine what heading levels I'm going to want to use.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook