[NFBCS] how to stop, and/or silence mail notifications and Thunderbird for Windows?

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Sat Mar 27 23:32:56 UTC 2021

Good afternoon everyone, unfortunately whenever I get a new message in
Thunderbird for Windows my dictation software just like what happens
with the screen reader that runs with it, focus gets pulled away from
where I'm dictating. Thus ruining the message before can actually finish
dictating it. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to silence
incoming mail notification so that I can finish dictating what I need to
when I need to finish a particular piece of mail?

A bit of background here. Because of a additional disability, I must use
dictation software as some of you on the list may know. Unfortunately
this dictation software is only available in Windows. So that means that
I must use the dictation software in combination with Jaws for  windows.
The type of notifications that I need to silence or notifications they
tell me new mail has arrived, then he proceeds to flash the new message
on screen which of course disturbs the cursor position as it takes focus
away and moves it to the new message instead of what I'm I'm working on.

Please note that of course as I've stated in this message it has been
dictated to the computer by means of dictation software. If something
that I've written above i.e. dictated above is unclear, please reach out
to me and asked me what my original intent was? I look forward to
hearing up any misunderstandings that might arise from the text that has
been dictated above.

Disclaimer number two any thoughts, positions, or statements that have
been written/dictated above they are mine, they don't reflect the views
of the national Federation of the blind, or the national Federation of
the blind deaf blind division. Thank you very much for reading this.

--
Maurice Mines, Board Member National Federation of the Blind Deafblind
Division Email: board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org Website: www.nfbdeaf-blind.org