[Nfbf-l] invitation to join our flagdu list

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 19:25:25 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I realize most of you have seen the announcement from David Andrews about
the formation of the new Florida Association of Guide Dog Users (flagdu)
list.  But as President of the division, and moderator of the list, I want
to extend a personal invitation to all who are guide dog users, or to those
who are interested in the subject, to join the list.  Having good
communication through an active list will help us plan for our division's
annual meeting in Boca.  It will also help us to unite when one of us is
confronted with an access problem.

I hope you'll  let your chapter members know about this list, and help those
who are interested  to subscribe.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you on our new list!  Information
about how to subscribe follows.

Sherrill

  The purpose of the Florida Association of Guide Dog Users-FLAGDU
list, is to provide a forum for discussion and information to guide
dog users and other interested persons.  This list will feature
announcements and activities of the Florida Association of Guide Dog
Users.  Topics related specifically to this division will include
business, fundraising projects, advocacy issues, and planning for our
annual meeting which takes place during the Florida affiliate’s
State convention. General topics will include information for those
interested in learning about obtaining and working with a guide dog,
guide dog schools, training, care  and retirement of a dog, and
access and legislative issues pertaining to guide dog use.

To join the list either go to:
or send e-mail to flagdu-request at nfbnet.org and put the word
subscribe in the subject line.