[Nfbf-l] Release of Audio Description @ WDW

Paul Kaminsky pkaminsky at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 13 14:13:50 UTC 2009

Dwight,
    I hope you gave them a negative review.  I used
one last year and it was just another item to carry
around the neck.  What they need to do is to have an
FM transmitter broadcasting audio within the certain
attractions.  Then all that is needed is to carry
one's FM receiving radio, iPod or similar.
    For the hearing impaired at my church we have an
FM transmitter that broadcast the audio so that
individuals can bring their own FM receiving radios
in and listen to the sermon and choir at whatever
volume level they personally need.
    Essentially that is what Disney is giving us is
a FM Receiver and they are transmitting the signal
to it, but it ends up giving the user one more thing
to carry around the park. We can tune our car radios
in when entering the park, why not just have it so
we can tune our own radios in while inside the park?
Paul Kaminsky