[Nfbf-l] completion of my training at the louisiana center for the blind

Carlos J montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 01:58:05 UTC 2009

Greetings fellow federation friends and family, I know that i do not post very much on this list, how ever I thought I would write to you all because I wanted to share with you all some of my experiences at the Louisiana center for the blind. Yesterday afternoon I received my freedom bell. this signifies the completion of all of the graduation requirements. On the bell it has the date, along with my name on it. The bell also has the fraise together we are changing what it means to be blind.
These last nine months have changed my life as a blind person. I thought I new the philosophy of are wonderful organization, how ever after completing the program I understand it so much better. The training I received, is the best money can by. I also had the privilege of teaching cane travel to blind teenagers during the step program this summer. I learned what it really means to persevere in the mitts of trials and tribulations.