[Nfbf-l] Newsline® spreading the word in central Florida

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:04:01 UTC 2009

Hello list friends,

I am writing to report the latest exciting NFBF Newsline ® happenings. We are still #1 in subscribers with the help of our Talking Books libraries throughout Florida signing up over 200 new members per week. This of course means followup with welcome letters and phone calls to make sure our users are using the program. I am very thankful for the librarians and all their help and enthusiastic support of the Newsline ®service.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week, Kirk Harmon and I will be attending a meeting of the senior Triad organization. This is a national conference being held in Orlando. The Triad is a service group of police and sheriff's departments throughout the United States who assist seniors in making their lives easier by among other things supporting a cell phone redistribution service so that seniors have access to cell phones for emergency services. They also support other efforts for seniors throughout the country. Kirk Harmon has been a member of the local Triad for several years and joined to help spread the word about Newsline®. I am very grateful to him for giving me the lead about this conference and for making the necessary contacts to assure our participation so that we can acquaint others with the Newsline ®service and I also appreciate his help at the exhibit table this week.

If any of you are not currently using Newsline ®and would like to know your ID numbers and password to get into the service, or if you have any other questions,please do not hesitate to contact me. My information is below my name on this e-mail as well as links to learn more about Newsline®.

I will keep all of you informed as to up-coming exciting developments in Newsline®.

Sherri Brun, Secretary and Newsline® Coordinator
E-mail:  flmom2006 at gmail.com
Phone:  407-898-6024
Toll-Free (Newsline®):  866-603-8578
http://www.nfbflorida.org/
Past President
National Federation of the Blind Greater Orlando Chapter
http://nfbfgoc.org/
There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.
You can be part of the solution.

https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000