[Nfbf-l] EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

Carlos J montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:17:30 UTC 2009

good morning to you My fellow federation friends. My name is Carlos J montas. As many of you know, I do not post many messages on this list, how ever there has been a discussion about communication and transparency that I feel must be addressed. I first of all would like to publicly support Mr. Gwisdala's position on this issue. I see nothing wrong with the membership asking for transparency from are leaders. As a member of the Nfbf I am also asking for accountability, and transparency. I am asking that the minutes and other documents such as reports be published so that the membership can be informed. It is especially important to be accountable during these difficult economic times. Lets just imagine that are national leaders do not publish the various financial reports and other federation business, how would the membership at large feel? What if National requests documents? it is because of the sloppy work in the Nfb of Texas that the President was recently removed from office not being accountable led to this decision.    Not publishing the minutes and other documents in my view is just asking for trouble. If the State board is acting responsibly, then the publishing of the minutes and other documents should not be an issue. It is the responsibility of all of the board members to follow the National Federation of the blind's National and State constitution. The state board is in place to serve the best interest of the membership at large. All of us as members of the Nfbf make up this affiliate not just the State Board of directors. If there are any personal issues between board members and individuals they must be resolved in order for this affiliate to move forward. Let me make it unequivocally clear that this message is not personal.       We all need to work together to make this affiliate the best it can be. The more transparent we all are, the better off we will be.
Respectfully submitted Carlos J Montas