[Nfbf-l] Warning

Kris Scheppe kris at scheppe.us
Wed Dec 9 04:37:15 UTC 2009

Dan,

There were two parties involved and wrong in personally attacking each
other on the list. I believe it is unfair and morally wrong to single
out one of them, and not say anything to the other. You came down very
harshly on Marion, when the vulgar words of Kirk are what greatly
offended me more than anything. I feel Kirk's words were founded on
personal dislike and hatred, whereas Marion did have a valid and
reasonable request about wanting to have minutes posted in a timely
manner. Marion may be the only one voicing his opinons, but he is by far
not the only NFBF member who feels this way.

Does the NFBF have by-laws to outline procedures? I didn't find them on
the website. Possibly we should put a set up by-laws together (if not
done already) to specify when minutes are due to be posted and to
outline other procedures such as getting an item on the board agenda. I
would be more than happy to sit down and help but this together and I
think Marion would help also. We need to work together collectively to
further the organization. I believe changes especially keeping
membership more updated on what the board is doing will encourage
members to participate more actively making the board's job easier and
the membership happier.

I must say I personally disagree with your statement to Marion, "You
have attacked not only the board but our affiliate, and this is an
insult to all of those members, on and off the board, who have worked
and continue to work so hard to accomplish the mission and goals of the
Federation." In his message to David W. Marion praised the affiliate
saying what a great group it is and encouraged David to stick with it,
even though the board was lacking in transparency and accountability.

Furthermore, I disagree with you statement, "It appears that your
incendiary and derogatory comments may have cost us two members." In my
opinion your response to David showed you didn't care whether he
remained a member or not and did not encourage him to remain a member.
Whereas, Marion responded with great encouragement and urged David to
remain a member of the organization and to attend convention and cast
his vote.

We're all in it together,
Kris Scheppe
920-737-5735

"Gold medals aren't made of Gold. They're made of sweat, blood, and a
hard to find alloy called Guts." -Dan Gable