[Nfbf-l] Fw: [fidelcofriends] Fw: [GDU-United] O/T: FYI: : . How to Identify a Census Worker if You Are Blind.

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Thu Dec 17 19:27:39 UTC 2009

 How to Identify a Census Worker if You Are Blind.

> Hi, Everyone!

There has been an email stating for the population to be alert for Census
Workers' scams.  It is always important to identify the person by their
badge.  However, if you are blind; read below.  If you have a friend or
family member who is visually impaired please pass this message along for
their safety.
*****************
12/15/2009
I called the Census Bureau.  I had to call my regional office located in
Atlanta, GA becasue I live in Florida.

I asked the question that blind and deaf/blind individuals have been
concerned about -- 'how do we identify a census worker if we cannot see the
badge?'

 I was told that if anyone comes to your door -- ask them their name and
then call a toll free number 866-861-2010 and enter in your zip code.  This
will route you to your local census bureau office, which can identify that
person does or does not work for the Census Bureau.

 It probably would not hurt to find out the number of that local bureau and
have the number handy.

Pass this information along to others.

Darlene

<*> Your email settings: