[Nfbf-l] Good old Banana split cake recipe for New Years dessert!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:12:01 UTC 2009

Hello to all of you out there wondering what to have for New Years day
dinner dessert. Well, here it is! This recipe was sent to me from my
Daughter that married into an old style Southern cookin Family and her
Mother n law made this for all of them and gave her the recipe for all of us
to share! I haven't tried it yet, but I have to tell all of you, as a banana
lover myself, it sounds too darn good not to try! Happy New Year to all! I
hope you all enjoy it that tries it! Your friend, Kirk
Banana Split Cake

all cake ingredients:
  a.. 1 pkg. graham crackers
  b.. 2 medium containers of Cool Whip
  c.. 1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese
  d.. 1 C confectioners sugar
  e.. 1tsp. vanilla flavoring
  f.. 1 Lg. can pineapple CRUSHED
  g.. chocolate syrup
  h.. cherries
  i.. nuts:pecans or walnuts
  j.. 4 or 5 bananas

  1.. In a 9x13 pan.  Layer graham crackers in bottom of pan.
  2.. Next layer you need to mix the following in a separate bowl
  3.. 14 pkg softened cream cheese
        1 medium size cool whip container thawed
        1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
        1 C confectioners sugar

*Beat until soft & sperad over graham crackers.
*Then slice bananas over the mixture
  1.. Spread over the graham crackers
  2.. Drain 1 Lg can crushed pineapple reserving the juice
  3.. Spoon a little pineapple juice over bananas to keep from turning brown
  4.. Next spoon drained pineapple over bananas
  5.. after adding pineapple you can drizzle chocolate syrup over pineapple
(I use the liquid kind you put in milk)
  6.. finish layers by spreading 1 medium container of thawed cool whip over
top
  7.. Sprinkle nuts over top & put cherries on top too
  8.. refrigerate over night and serve cold

Now, if this doesn't send you belly down on the couch in a mild coma,
nothing will! LOL! KH

Kirk Harmon
1031 Lenmore CT.
Orlando, FL. 32812
Home office: (407) 380-3371

Cell: (407) 473-2176
E-mail address: kvharmon54 at gmail.com

BVA/FRG
E.Central Florida
Associate Director

911 cell phone
bank
 Chairperson
BVA/FRG

Mayors Veterans Advisory counsil
member

 Blind advocate
and fundraiser

" Smiles are nothing more than thirty second vacations!"