[Nfbf-l] Fw: New York Times Article Shows NeedforOperatingFundsin Stimulus

Mark markspark at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 6 21:21:11 UTC 2009

Certainly, Jody.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be active in trying to
prevent it or at least reduce its impact.  Remember, it is also true that
more people across the country are using public transportation, so it would
seem accommodations should be made for that.  Also, property taxpayers who
often don't use this kind of service need to be educated as to why it is
important, especially regarding employment.  There is a certain group of
people, the poor and disabled, who are always being told to go to work, but
who will have a very hard time doing so should some of these more drastic
cuts be enacted in major cities.
Mark Tardif
You can't hug your loved ones with nuclear arms