[Nfbf-l] suggestions welcomed...and needed!!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Mon Jan 5 21:33:28 UTC 2009

Hello all,

As chairman of our state's fund raising committee, I would love to get
suggestions from any, and better yet all of you for a way to raise money in
2009!If a raffle, it would need to be something very unique that people
would go for.  We did the cruise raffle a couple years, but it stopped doing
well for us.  Florida products such as orange blossom honey or   orange
marmelade are candidates, but would have to be shipped to the hotel to be
sold at national convention.  One of the popular "green bags" with the NFB
logo, perhaps?  It's the kind you can scrunch up and put in your pocket or
purse, then just bring it out when needed.  So if you could think about what
you would stop to buy at convention, or what you might be able to sell to
friends or colleagues, I'll be more than glad to bring it to the members of
the committee tonight, or whenever I hear from you.

We need additional income very much in order to help keep our affiliate
flourishing.  You can simply reply to this email so we can all have a
discussion about this topic, which I think would be a great idea.  So put
your thinking caps on and help us raise money, so in turn we can help our
chapters and all blind people in Florida!

Sherrill