[Nfbf-l] Updated Agreement between Division of Blind Services and Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

Lappland lappland at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 9 12:14:57 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Palmer, Bill
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 3:12 PM
To: VR Supervisors; VRAD; Glenn, Jerrall
Cc: VR HQ Field Services; VRDLT; Elliott, Michael; 'Hildreth, Joyce'; Jennings, Wayne
Subject: Updated Agreement between Division of Blind Services and Division of Vocational Rehabilitation

Cooperative Agreement with Division of Blind Services Updated effective 12/31/08
Please note the attached updated Cooperative Agreement between the Division of Blind Services (DBS) and the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).
VR Unit Supervisors will need to ensure that all unit staff persons are informed of these changes.  Regina Rykard will need to review the counselor manual
to determine whether any changes are needed.
The key revision is intended to encourage dual-division cases where it is in the best interest of the customer to receive services from both divisions.
Improved partnership between staff of each division, and collaborative working relationships between field staff of each division, are encouraged and expected.
Another key provision makes it clear that anyone has the right to apply for services from DVR or DBS, regardless of whether they are already being served
by the other division.
Order of Selection Update
We have reached the point where the size of our caseload is consistent with our financial resources.  Starting in January of 2009, we should be able to
invite at least 500 individuals from the waiting list twice monthly.  We will continue to monitor our spending on Purchased Client Services, and our goal
will be to maintain a stable caseload size that matches the available financial resources.  I am instructing appropriate staff to take action to invite
500 individuals from the waiting list on January 5, 2009.  It is anticipated that we will invite another 500 individuals on January 20, 2009.
Thank you for your cooperation and commitment to providing quality customer services during a difficult time.  Please remember that no potential customer
should be denied the right to apply for services because we are in an Order of Selection, or for any other reason.  We have heard a few stories that counselors
are telling customers that they should not apply for services because we are in an Order of Selection, and we are not accepting applications at this time.
That is not correct, and I feel confident that each of you understands that statement to be incorrect.  Please remind all of your employees that we are
still accepting applications.

Bill Palmer
DVR Director
Florida Department of Education
Bill.Palmer at vr.fldoe.org
Please remember to support the Florida Outreach Center for the Blind by donating a dollar or more to help fund our worthy programs. Send your tax deductible
gift to:
Florida Outreach Center for the Blind
1280 N. Congress Ave., Ste-108
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Or use the Pay Pal link on our web site at:
www.flblindcenter.org
Thank you!