[Nfbf-l] Seminar

Mark markspark at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 14 02:00:21 UTC 2009

Well, it's been two days since Sherrill, Gina and I returned from an intensive, exhausting, but productive recruitment seminar at the National Center in Baltimore.  We discussed recruitment strategies, actually made phone calls to potential members in our states, discussed how we might make meetings more fun so as to keep and attract new members, and many other things.  I suspect we will be discussing this seminar further on the list at various times and enlisting help in recruitment and the strengthening of chapters.  But every bit as important as the meetings was the bonding that took place over the weekend with Federationists from other parts of the country.  I think the national leadership saw that as extremely important as well, which is why they allowed some time for socialization.  There is not enough I can say about this weekend.  But we will talk more about it, and I will leave you with the fact that the food was excellent as well, and the tour many of us were offered was breathtaking, amazing.  What an impressive facility!!  Anyway, just thought I would share that and thank you, President Davis, for asking me to participate in this seminar.
Mark Tardif
You can't hug your loved ones with nuclear arms