[Nfbf-l] FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Sad news to report

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Sun Mar 8 19:05:22 UTC 2009

Hello Florida Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that Michael Seay, President
of the Tennessee Affiliate, passed away Friday evening. Michael has been
here with me and with Carlos here at the Louisiana Center for the Blind
since we first arrived. Michael was a wonderful, funny and deeply caring
person. Only last weekend I traveled to and from the National Center with
Anil Louis, Pam Allen and Mike to attend the state presidents seminar. The
four of us so enjoyed the seminar and the fun times we had traveling
together. Michael was also on my team the preceding weekend in New Orleans
when we all participated in Mardi Gras. I simply can't take it in that
Michael is gone and we are all in shock here in Ruston. He loved life and
always kept us laughing. Moreover he was a dedicated leader in the National
Federation of the Blind. We have lost a wonderful leader, man and friend.

Please keep his family and the rest of us who are grieving in prayer.
Michael, you are in a better place but I know you didn't have a clew that
you would be leaving us so soon.

In sadness,

Kathy Davis