[Nfbf-l] Exciting Day!!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Sun Mar 8 22:30:56 UTC 2009

Judy,
This is quite interesting.  No, I've not heard of this being done before
here in the U.S.  It's an innovative idea, though not very practical on a
store shelf with hundreds of other products.  And you don't have a problem
identifying bandAids as you do with medications.  Still, it's creative, and
also starts the public noticing the Braille on the box.   More Braille never
hurts!!

My daughter did bring me some fancy liquid soaps from France which were
labeled in Braille.  Ooh La La!  Another friend brought a Brailled box top
to show me, from a box of pills some one in his tour group had purchased
while on a trip to Italy.  It had the type of medication, and the dosage in
miligrams.
Sherrill