[Nfbf-l] Braille200 Special International Essay Competition

Debby B bwbddl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 14:56:28 UTC 2009

Those of you will college age kids will find this interesting.

 Debby
bwbddl at yahoo.com
www.nfbflorida.org/parents

Please support Braille literacy and programs for our youth by sponsoring me in
the Motor City March for Independence! Better yet, join the team of the FL Parents of Blind Children!
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/debbyb

CNIB, Canada

Braille200 Special International Essay Competition

This international essay competition commemorates the bicentennial of
the birth of Louis Braille and is made possible with funding from the E.
Ben and Mary Hochhausen Technology Award.
"Technology a Bridge to Braille Literacy - How evolving technologies
will impact or alter braille learning and teaching in 2020 and beyond"
Submissions in English of 3000-5000 words will be accepted by email on
or before April 30, 2009.
The essay must be an original work.  Braille200 reserves the right to
publish or distribute the winning entries. Email submissions to:
shampa.bose at cnib.ca Three awards in the amount of $3,000 each will be
announced in June 2009.  Entries will be adjudicated by an independent
panel and all decisions will be final.

Eligibility:
Applications are accepted from any country in the world.  Trustees will
consider:
Students enrolled in a recognized College, University or equivalent
program; Researchers from industry, academia or applied science

For information please contact:
Trustees, The Hochhausen Fund
CNIB
1929 Bayview Avenue