[Nfbf-l] New computer, screen reader

Joanne jdking09 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 11 18:38:17 UTC 2009

>From what I am learning about Windows 7 is that it has some features of
Vista, like the Ribbons, and that Jaws 10 works somewhat with it but that
Jaws 11 is the better way to go.  Other versions of Jaws do not work at all
with it.   It seems that Windows 7 is more like Vista and maybe a little
like xp.    My advice to all is to either try to find an XP computer, and
you can still get them from Dell.  or somewhere else, Otherwise it will cost
$850 for Jaws 11 for the standard or a little over $1000 for the Jaws 11
professional.
Remember if you get Windows 7 professional you need Jaws professional.