[Nfbf-l] New computer, screen reader

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 13 10:13:45 UTC 2009

Good morning all.

Thanks for the input on screen readers.

I'm responding to everything in one new message as it had become impossible
to reply without resulting in jumbled characters, that's how decrepit my old
desk top has become.  I'm embarrassed to admit it is a Windows 98 SE and
that I also have and older Pac-Mate I never became comfortable with.  Thus I
am pursuing the lap top idea.

I do have an answer about operating system bits from looking at the on line
material concerning Jaws 11.  Windows 7 and Vista both come in 64 and 32 bit
varieties.

The point was correctly raised that choosing Windows 7 Professional would
require the professional version of Jaws.  This raises in my mind the
question of what would I need to be doing to necessitate Windows 7
Professional instead of the Home Premium version.

I want to arrive at my final decisions soon.  Something I  need to work on
is a tendency to dither when I'm close to deciding something.  I admit to
being a bit of a perfectionist sometimes.

Have a blessed day.

Bill Outman