[Nfbf-l] Florida affiliate raffle fundraiser proposal

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 20:55:45 UTC 2009

Hello everyone
As I had mentioned in a previous email, I would like to hear your comments and suggestions regarding state fundraisers. It was decided by the Fundraising Committee to let the chapters hear about this fundraiser to see what level of participation we would have. This proposal has two scenarios. Scenario two is plan B if we cannot get the donations we are hoping for. Please review the proposal and discuss it with your chapter. Feel free to offer comments and/or suggestions for improvement. After all, we all need to work together to achieve our fundraising goals. Would you participate in this fundraiser? Why, or why not? The consensus in the Jacksonville Chapter was we would participate in scenario one and if, at least ¾ of the chapters participated in scenario two so that we would have really nice prizes, we would consider this one as well.

Scenario one: The take is 50% for our affiliate and 50% for the chapters. You only send  the treasurer 50% of your sales. We will work hard to try to get at least 3 nice prizes donated such as a vacations, cash, electronics, etc. There would be no cost other than printing and mailing of tickets paid by our affiliate. The ones that work the hardest will benefit the most. The incentive is that both the affiliate and the chapters will be raising money.

Scenario two: The take is still 50% for our affiliate and 50% for the chapter. In the event, we are not able to come up with the prizes we would need to pull our resources. Each chapter that participates puts in x amount of dollars for the prizes. We’ll just say $200 a chapter for now. Combined that would would buy some nice prizes.

I plan on having a phone conference in November open to all chapter members who want to discuss fundraising problems, ideas, sales tips, etc.

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Board Member
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer