[Nfbf-l] Gloria

Dan Hicks danjhicks at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 16:52:32 UTC 2009

I just thought you would all want to know that Gloria underwent a cornea
transplant yesterday. We were at the hospital most of the day, and then
Gloria's brother drove us home. This is her only functioning eye, and it has
been functioning very poorly over the past few months. She has a patch over
the eye, but that should come off today when we go to the doctor's office in
a couple of hours.

Today happens to be Gloria's birthday. If the operation was a success, this
will be a great birthday present.

Dan

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is"

                                    -Isaac Asimov