[Nfbf-l] informed choice

Rick Brown rlbrown1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 23 08:53:11 UTC 2010

Beth, hopefully this can clarify some things. First, you do have the right
for informed choice to choose where you want to go for training. But, you
have to remember, DBS falls under the Department of Education, and just like
attending college, they will pay for in state education. You have to pay the
rest out of your pocket. In college, most people put in for scholarships to
fund the rest. I know there are no scholarships for attending a training
center, but like Carolyn stated, there are local agencies that may assist
you. So, under the guidelines of DBS, they have the right to pay for only
the in state portion of your training. Second, the training center where you
want to go does not have a counselor for your mental issues. They will send
you out in the community to seek therapy. Beth, you have your work cut out
for you in seeking funds for your training. I wish you the best!