[Nfbf-l] Covert Affairs and Laser Cane

PersianPJ at aol.com PersianPJ at aol.com
Sun Aug 1 22:10:53 UTC 2010

The cane, that Auggie uses, is about 10 inches long and projects a red, and
 at times squiggly line, on the floor or objects.  It's sort of like the
lines that they show in movies, such as Get Smart, that are used for extra
security in a room.  I don't know if it beeps aloud or if he wears a
bluetooth headphone.  He is a behind the scenes kind of guy, helping the  main
character who is new to the CIA, in her duties.  In the first episode  he told
how he lost his vision, in combat, and he said something like: when I  work
up, I was Ray Charles.  It was meant to be funny, and very matter of  fact,
and so far James and I haven't been turned off by what he's said or what  he
has done.  He is portrayed as very good at his job and very  competent.
They show him using a computer, with speech, and refreshable  Braille display.
He also uses sighted guide, sometimes, and uses a folding  cane, too.

PJ
Panama City