[Nfbf-l] Fw: New name for the Daytona Center

petercerullo at aol.com petercerullo at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 19:07:51 UTC 2010

Absolutely right Joe! The Florida affiliate of the NFB must lobby and work harder to get the jobs that you mention done.  Although, I certainly can understand why the center changed its name back to Rehab Center, its primary focus will be on teaching (ILS) independent living skills, Braille literacy, mobility and the much needed preparation of getting people who are blind or visually impaired  ready to work once the job market opens up again.  I give kudos to the Director of DBS for her keen insight and determination in making the Rehab Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired a place to find hope in achieving these goals.
Peter Cerullo
Vice President
Greater Daytona Beach Chapter NFBF