[Nfbf-l] Audible.com

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Aug 14 04:00:50 UTC 2010

Hi Kathy,

Kim and I and family are doing well and we hope you are as well.

We are using JAWS 11.0.1467 and Internet Explorer 8.0.  The latest update to
JAWS is only days old which is build 1467.  If you don't yet have it you can
go to the help menu in JAWS and up arrow once and select check for updates.
In a few seconds you should see a list of available files including the
latest updates to JAWS at the top and a list of training DAISY books below
that.  Just check the boxes for the items you want and tab to install and
press enter and sit back and wait.

Kim has worked out a way to sample the books on the Audible site but I sure
wish Audible would make it more accessible.  Here is how to do it.

You will notice the word sample sitting all by itself right below a link
with a bunch of letters and stuff.  Position your virtual PC cursor right at
the beginning of the word sample so it is on the s.  Pressing home when you
are on that line should do that for you.  Next route JAWS to PC.  Now press
the right arrow once so your JAWS cursor is on the letter a of the word
sample.  Next hold down the left shift key and the left alt key and while
doing that press the right arrow 11 times.  In otherwords, press
shift+alt+right arrow 11 times.  Now press the right mouse button which is
the asterisk key on the numpad.  It is directly to the left of the JAWS
cursor key.  This will give you a menu and you can arrow down to play and
press enter.  If you want to stop playing the book press the application key
and arrow down to rewind and press enter and the book will stop.

We hope that works for you.  Please let Audible know how you feel about what
has happened.

Take care,
Jim Ellsworth