[Nfbf-l] Single agency proposal

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 14:07:54 UTC 2010

Good day.

I have a few more comments on the single agency proposal which is being
discussed.

As usual these reports sound good on the surface but often don't work out as
well when implemented in the real world.  While there may be some advantage
in administrative consolidation the problems crop up in service delivery.

The states cited as success stories are probably not good examples.  Vermont
is so small it is equivalent to some of our counties.  It's small enough
that consolidation might be workable.  Illinois, my native state it so
happens, may not be a good example either.  The overall condidition of the
state is troubled after the mess that impeached and removed Gov. Blagojevich
left behind.

Bill Outman