[Nfbf-l] Florida state

Christopher Toth q.alpha at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:25:51 UTC 2010

Their O&M program is of little consequence, in my opinion, if students
which go here aren't even getting their basic accessibility needs met.
For instance, I'd like to invite you to try their math portal:
http://einstein.math.fsu.edu:9080/students
Go to that website, navigate to an assignment which does not require
signup, and attempt to access it with any screen reader.
Then, consider the troubling fact that this eGrade software is utilized
for 100% of undergraduate math courses at FSU, on every single practice
assignment, homework, quiz, and exam with no provisions for visually
impaired students.  Further consider that at least some of these math
courses are required to enter any STEM field.
Or perhaps the case of the inaccessible PRS transmitters -- small
electronic devices which are required in political science courses for
tracking attendance and answering quiz questions but have exactly 0
audible feedback and require an inaccessible setup/class joining process
daily.
I am a second-year student here at this fine university, and I have
recently switched my major from computer science, my passion, to
political science because none of my needs were being met by the
inaccessible math program.  Things are bad here, to the point where I
have contacted the folks in Baltimore for some assistance.