[Nfbf-l] Fw: Career Training for Blind, Visually Imapaired and Disabled

Joe Minichiello jbmini at comcast.net
Sun Feb 14 18:34:53 UTC 2010

hope this can help someone.
Joe Minichiello, Second Vice President
President, Greater Jacksonville Chapter
904-608-0105
jbmini at comcast.net
----- Original Message -----
From: Dill, Phyllis
To: Hildreth, Joyce ; Elliott, Michael ; bgrzesik at cfl.rr.com ; Brian Johnson ; Bruce Miles ; Dawn Saunders ; Dwight ; Henry ; Jay ; Jesus ; Jodi ; Jodi Lamm ; Joe Minichiello ; Daniel.O'Connor at dbs.fldoe.org ; P. Edwards ; Paul Edwards ; Paul Kaminsky ; Robert Kelly ; Rufus ; Sheryl ; Ted ; Townsend, Suzanne DBS
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 3:22 PM
Subject: FW: Career Training for Blind, Visually Imapaired and Disabled

FYI  Refer to the following information provided by Brian.  It's also attached in a pdf file.

Career Training and Employment Opportunities available
to Blind, Visually Impaired and Disabled Individuals
The National Statler Center offers Training in the Contact Center and Customer Service Industry

Short Release:

Individuals seeking careers in the Contact Center and Customer Service industry may apply for the Statler Training and Education Program (STEP). The National Statler Center offers this class to blind, visually impaired and disabled persons at their Buffalo, NY campus, attracting students from throughout the US, North America and abroad. Graduate job placement is currently at 82%. Applications are being accepted immediately for our next seven-week course which begins March 15, 2010. This STEP course provides thorough training in Contact Center and Customer Service preparedness, the Microsoft Office suite and personal job-search assistance to place graduates in fulfilling career positions. More information is available by calling Jeff Pease, Statler Center, 716-888-4526 or on line at www.statlercenter.org.

Extended Release:

Buffalo, NY -- Blind, visually impaired or disabled individuals seeking careers in the Contact Center and Customer Service industry may apply now for the Statler Training and Education Program (STEP). The National Statler Center offers this class to blind, visually impaired and disabled persons at their Buffalo, NY campus. Statler will conduct this class backed by ten years of program excellence. Graduate job placement is 82%. STEP courses provide thorough training in Contact Center and Customer Service, the Microsoft Office suite and personal job-search assistance to place graduates in fulfilling career positions.  Applications are being accepted immediately for our next seven-week course which begins March 15, 2010. The Statler Center, a certified Proprietary Business School, is based in Buffalo, NY.

Renee DiFlavio, Senior VP of Employment and Education at The Statler Center, states "Students from throughout the US, North America and abroad benefited greatly from our previous classes. We encourage prospective students to enroll immediately for our March 15 class as space is filling quickly. We have ten years experience offering this program and are proud to have over 340 graduates. Plus, our job placement rate exceeds 82%"

Students receive a comprehensive overview of the industry as well as job specific knowledge. Graduates of our unique program will be computer-literate, equipped with a thorough knowledge of industry standards and ready for successful, long-term careers. Potential employers are call centers, contact centers and any business needing a range of customer service professionals.

 ---  END  ---

The National Statler Center for Careers in Hospitality Service, headquartered in Buffalo, NY, is entering its 10th year and has recently graduated its 32nd class. Graduates are employed by hotel companies such as Ritz Carlton, Adam's Mark, Sheraton, Marriott, Holiday Inn, Radisson and Hampton Hotels as well as respected smaller properties. Students have enrolled from all over the nation, including Florida, Hawaii, California, Connecticut, Indiana, New Mexico, Nevada, Missouri, Massachusetts, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Ohio, New York, Arkansas, Texas, New Jersey and beyond. Statler Center may be reached through Jeff Pease at 716-888-4526 or jpease at statlercenter.org.

Additional information at www.statlercenter.org

Jeff Pease

Marketing Manager

Direct:  716-888-4526

Cell:  716-598-1595

jpease at StatlerCenter.org

www.StatlerCenter.org

The National Statler Center for Careers in Hospitality Service

A Program of the Olmsted Center for Sight

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential information which is privileged and protected from disclosure by Federal and State confidentiality laws, rules or regulations.  This e-mail and attachments, if any, are intended for the designated addressee only.  If you are not the designated addressee, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, may be unlawful and may subject you to legal consequences.  If you have received this e-mail and attachments in error, please contact Olmsted Center immediately at 716-882-1025 and delete the e-mail and its attachments from your computer.  Thank you for your attention.