[Nfbf-l] Still low room rates for NFBF CONVENTION HOTEL

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 18:35:37 UTC 2010

Everyone,

At the time the contract was agreed upon with the Holiday Inn for the 2010
NFBF State Convention, the bids we received there were far and above better
rates than anywhere else. The board made the very best decision we could
based on the information we had at the time. We couldn't read the future and
had no idea that the Holiday Inn would be sold, not to mention that folks
would later be able to reserve rooms at a much better rate. We're all upset
about what is going on. Dan is addressing the matter in writing to the
higher ups. If we could have landed a lower rate at the Rosen we certainly
would have contracted with that hotel but this was not the case.

Let's hang in there and see what Dan is able to work out with the new
owners.

Kathy