[Nfbf-l] NFBF 2010 State Convention

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jun 11 01:15:05 UTC 2010

Hi Debby,

It is just so good to hear some news of the goings on in your family. It has
been ages since we last chatted and I so missed you at convention. You
should be proud of Winona! She is quite the talented young lady who always
works hard to excel in everything. Please tell her that she makes us all
proud! Sounds like things are looking up for you and your family on the
financial front and what a blessing that is! As usual, it appears that you
are on the go from early morning until late at night. You have that giving
heart though and although I know you are often exhausted, there will be a
halo in your crown, as my mother often said, for all your good work and for
your generous spirit. I miss you and the kids as well as Bob and hope it
will not be too long before we can see each other again.

I'm not going to national convention this year. I've been gone from Florida
since the conclusion of state convention and some of my children will be
visiting me in Ormond Beach that first week in July. I have a new little
granddaughter named Bella who is six months old. She's beyond precious and
it has been so terrific visiting with all my children and grandchildren this
week. I flew to Michigan last week to be present for my oldest grandson's
graduation from high school. Brian received numerous scholarships and other
awards and you can be certain that I was the proud grandma.

I'm enjoying a new relationship that I am in. I met Mike on eHarmony and
believe it or not, he lives on my street. Isn't that over the top amazing?
Anyhow, we are having lots of fun. He's a retired business executive and has
four grown children and 5 grandchildren. They are all from the New England
states so I hope to get up there in the not-too-distant future since I have
never had the opportunity to visit that area of the country.

I'm also loving retirement from Daytona State College. I haven't missed
being there a single day but do see some of the many students I either
taught or counseled over the years. I'm working out at a local gym regularly
and also doing some yoga. I completed an intensive Bible study in May that
began in early September called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). Are you
familiar with BSF? It is an international program and I am simply blown away
about all I learned as we studied the book of John all year. I'll be signing
up again in September. See my girlfriends often and life is good. Praise be
to God!

Do take good care and let's make it a point to chat by phone very soon. Do
send my warmest regards to the entire Brackett family and do take a little
time to be good to Debby.

Love and blessings,

Kathy