[Nfbf-l] Hernando / East Pasco

davidw dwermuth1 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 13:20:44 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Just a little up-date on what our chapter has going this month.

First of all, we'll be at "Swamp Fest" next Saturday and Sunday in
Springhill.  We're going to have a table set up with NFB brochures of all
types.  To make it fun we'll have willing people put on pairs of blocked out
sunglasses with different eye issues.  Then have them pour a glass of water,
butter bread...  Then for the really courage's people we'll blindfold them
and ask them to do the same.  It should be fun and informative for the crowd
as well.  There usually is a crowd of around ten to twelve thousand people
attending this event through out the weekend.  This is usually our big fund
raising event so wish us luck.

Then on March 13th we're having our monthly meeting in Brooksville in the
Cloverleaf park at the Heatherhouse.  We're inviting everyone from the park
and having a potluck.  The chapter will be BBQing burgers and hot dogs (I'll
be putting Mayo on my hot dogs Kirk) and all the members will be bringing a
dish of some sorts.  We've advertised this event and hope to pick up quite a
few new members.
We'll also have a member demonstrating his treker and another member
demonstrating his reader.

and last but not least on March 15th we're going to be at the Brooksville
"Applebee's" where the restaurant has a fund raising campaign going on, "all
non profits can do this at your local Applebee's" where everyone that comes
in with one of our flyers that Applebee makes for you by the way, 10% of
their total bill excluding tax and tip goes towards our chapter.  They will
tally up the amount and send us a check.  All the customer has to do is give
the flyer to the food hostess when paying and they do the work.  It is a
win-win situation for both of us, we bring them customers on their slow days
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and we get ten percent.

That's it for now Folks, if you'd like to join us for any of these events
just let me know.

David Wermuth
Hernando / East Pasco Chapter