[Nfbf-l] Jacksonville cut-a-thon

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 12:23:49 UTC 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: Larry Marten, Event Chairman 904-536-7029
                     or Joe Minichiello, President 904-608-0105

CUT-A-THON: Salons across Jacksonville work together to support the National Federation of the Blind of Florida, Greater Jacksonville Chapter.

Jacksonville Florida (March 1, 2010).  Salons are working together to hold the second annual Cut-A-Thon benefiting the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) of Florida, Greater Jacksonville Chapter. The Cut-A-Thon will be held at the Fortis Institute, 5995 University Blvd W on Sunday, April 11th from 10 am to 4 pm. Proceeds from this event will go to the NFB Jacksonville chapter.
    Chapter President, Joe Minichiello, said, “The members of the Jacksonville Chapter are proud to partner with these fine salons. Through this event we hope to raise funds to educate the public about blindness and help us achieve our goals of independence and equality. We sincerely appreciate your support of our blind community.”
    The NFB is the oldest and largest organization of the blind in the United States. The federation provides scholarships to blind students, support for the blind and those that are losing their sight, the promotion of Braille literacy: advocacy for the blind and educational programs for the general public on topics about blindness. You can learn more about the National Federation of the Blind by visiting our websites at www.nfb.org or www.nfbflorida.org
    Top stylists from elite professional salons have agreed to volunteer their time and talent to this cause. Each haircut will be just $10 – a $45 value – with 100% of the proceeds going to the Jacksonville Chapter.

Participating salons –

Two Blondes And A Guy Salon			 Zimmiz Hair Designers
Bella Amici Salon 					 Straighten Up & Dye Salon
Belezza Salon Inc.					 Concept Cutters Salon
Mantra Salon				                         Salon B2Y
Rapunzels Salon  					 The Spa at Tre Salon
Ten A Sheila Powers Salon 				 Evelyn's Salon & Spa
Lilliana's Hair Studio
Elite Salon and Spa

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Board Member