[Nfbf-l] Question about White Cane Law

elizabeth McNally bethmac at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 3 03:29:24 UTC 2010

Hi Kirk,  in answer to your question. No her chair does not need to be
marked. It is covered in a separate section of the same statute when talking
of other disabilities covered by the law. I would have to pull up the actual
law to quote the actual section but each law has several sections to it and
the one about the white cane has been amended several years ago with an
additional section covering wheelchairs, walking canes, walkers and I think
something else that I do not recall. I am often reminded since the person
responsible for having the additional language is a member of our chapter.

As for my health, thanks for asking. I am doing a lot better but as with
most of us I have away to go. Just have to keep plugging along.

Your friend,

Betty