[Nfbf-l] Off Topic but very interesting

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Wed Mar 31 20:20:57 UTC 2010

After  reading this , maybe it's time to start asking Congress why they are
willing to  spend so much money?
Perhaps they know something we  haven't been aware of.
See  below and read with  interest.

About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news
program on oil and one of the  Forbes Bros. was the guest.. The host said
to Forbes, "I am going to ask you  a direct question and I would like a
direct answer;  how much oil  does the  U.S.  have in the
ground?"  Forbes did not miss  a beat, he said, "more than all
the  Middle East  put  together."  Please read
below.

The U. S. Geological Service
issued a report in  April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was
coming, but man  was it big.  It was a revised report (hadn't been updated
since 1995)  on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North
Dakota,  western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana .....
check  THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest
domestic oil discovery  since  Alaska 's  Prudhoe Bay , and has the
potential to eliminate  all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy
Information  Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even
if
just 10%  of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a
resource  base worth more than $5..3 trillion..

"When I first briefed
legislators on this, you could  practically see their jaws hit the floor.
They
had no idea.." says Terry  Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial
analyst.

"This sizable find is now the
highest-producing onshore  oil field found in the past 56 years,"
reports The Pittsburgh Post  Gazette.  It's a formation known
as the  Williston    Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the
'Bakken.'  It  stretches from Northern Montana, through  North
Dakota and into   Canada ..  For years,  U. S.  oil
exploration has been  considered a dead end.  Even the 'Big Oil' companies
gave up searching  for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent
technological  breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive
reserves..... and
we now  have access of up to 500 billion barrels.  And because this is
light,  sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16
PER
BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully
fuel the American economy  for 2041 years straight.  And if THAT didn't
throw you on the floor,  then this next one should - because it's from
2006!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest
Reserve in the  World

Stansberry Report Online -
4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the
surface of the   Rocky Mountains  lies the largest untapped oil reserve
in the world. It  is more than 2 TRILLION barrels.  On August 8, 2005
President Bush  mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high
oil
prices none  has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we
still
fighting  over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning
news:  We have more  oil inside our borders, than all the other proven
reserves on earth.. Here  are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as
Saudi  Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as
Iraq

 -21-times as much oil as
Kuwait

- 22-times as much oil as
Iran

- 500-times as much oil
as   Yemen

- and it's all right here in
the  Western United  States  .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT
BE extracting this?  Because the environmentalists and others have blocked
all
efforts to  help  America  become independent of foreign oil! Again, we
are  letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our
economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher
with the study says we've  got more oil in this very compact area than the
entire
Middle East -more  than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped.  That's more than all
the proven oil  reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The
Denver  Post..
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop
its price - even with this  find?  Think again!  It's all about the
competitive marketplace, -  it has to. Think OPEC just might be
funding the  environmentalists?

Got your attention
yet?  Now, while you're  thinking about it, do this:

Pass  this along.
If you don't take a little time to do this, then you  should stifle
yourself the
next time you complain about gas prices - by  doing NOTHING, you forfeit
your
right to  complain.

Now I just wonder what would
happen in this country if  every one of you sent this to every one in your
address book.

By the way...this is all
true. Check it out at the link  below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link
It will blow your  mind.
 _http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911_
(http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911)