[Nfbf-l] some interesting auction items, get a sneak peek!

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed May 26 20:43:33 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

I have some unique auction items this year, and I wanted you to know about
them in advance in case you want to send me an email about them, or think
about folks you know who just might like to bid on something here.  This
auction is important to all of us because it's a great money raiser for the
affiliate.  And it's fun, too!  That's why I'm giving you a preview of some
of the items, since you might want to do some research on them, or contact
me by email, or at the hotel prior to the auction.

1.  VIP 2000 Talking Thermostat, never used.  It works with most
conventional systems, and can replace most 2, 3, 4 or 5 wire analog or
digital thermostats.  This includes heat pumps, but NOT if the heat pump is
equipped with a switch to turn on auxiliary heat.  That's why we couldn't
use it in our house.  It's programmable, and has push buttons which speak
the current temperature and indicates the temp as you arrow up or down.  We
love our  current VIP, which supports auxiliary heat.  But if your heat pump
doesn't have this feature, then the talking thermostat I'm putting in the
auction would be fine for you.

2.  Braille and Speak 2000
It's in fine condition, and still holds a charge well.  It comes with the
charger and the serial cable which allows you to connect it to your
computer.  We have a text version of the manual, so if you should purchase
this Braille and Speak, we'll be glad to email the manual to you.  If you
miss your old BNS that stopped working, or if you would like to get
something inexpensive for your child, then this is what you're looking for.
I now use a BrailleNote, but my BnS served me well for a long time.  And one
of the best things about it is that it's so very small and light weight.

The following two items have been generously donated by Chuck Marchese, one
of our Tampa Bay chapter members, a very astute and knowledgeable coin
collector.
3.  mint packaged 1/10 oz American Eagle  1989 proof gold $5 commemorative
coinwith certificate of authenticity

4.  mint packaged 1/4 oz 1997 Franklin Roosevelt proof gold $5 commemorative
coin w/COA
With gold currently selling for over $1200 per ounce, it's a great
investment!

5.  And now to switch gears...you NASCAR fans will  appreciate this number
99 Carl Edwards bear, dressed in his driving finest.  Very cute and
collectible!

6.  silver heart necklace with the Braille word "love" on the heart

7.  Spode Christmas dish, scalloped around the edge with a Christmas tree
pattern, never used, in its original box, retails for $55