[Nfbf-l] need feedback from Zoomtext users

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 18 15:40:49 UTC 2010

Dear All,

I have RP and my vision loss is still continuing today.
I only have the barest light and shadow vision left now.
I started out using Magic and then Zoom-Text Extra to run the computer.
I found , over time , that I was having a harder and harder time seeing  and
finding things on the screen.  Like looking at one piece of a zig saw puzzle
and trying to figure out what the whole picture was about.
I then thought that I might be better off investing my time and energy into
learning to use a screen reading software like JAWS.
I figured that If I did this, it would not matter how much vision I lost, I
would still be able to use the computer without seeing the screen.  It has
worked for me.
Now if the software makers will just learn to leave the menus and layout the
same from version to version and just add to menus new features, so I don't
have to learn all new layouts and structure all over again each time.  I am
very much considering going to an "Apple" next time as I have had it with
all of the viruses and security issues with the PC.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.