[Nfbf-l] Lenora is in the hospital

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 02:04:24 UTC 2010

Thanks Joe, we love you too!

I went to emergency on Thursday with stomach pain and was misdiagnosed with a stomach
virus and sent home. Early Friday morning, my appendix ruptured and I was rushed right
into surgery. To make a long story short, they allowed me to leave the hospital on Wednesday
afternoon under Larry's care. The case manager determined that I didn't need home health
care because Larry had not left my side other than to go home, shower and change. So, they
made sure he knew what to do and sent us on our way.

Larry and Eric made Thanksgiving dinner and even though I couldn't eat it, the smells coming
from the kitchen were fabulous! Eric even made a huge pot of Matzo Ball Soup for me before
he went back to school.

Had my post-op appointment today and things are definitely looking better.  I'm happy to be off
so many meds as they were making me want to sleep all the time. Still at risk for infection during
the next few weeks, but doing much better.

Lenora