[Nfbf-l] White Cane Safety Day In Orlando

REPCODDS at aol.com REPCODDS at aol.com
Thu Oct 7 16:12:17 UTC 2010

>From Lighthouse Central Florida
Alert !

From: Mary Clark  [mailto:mclark at lcf-fl.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 11:59  AM
To: Dwight Sayer; DStone at aol.com; ancientecho at cfl.rr.com;
CMSMICRO at aol.com; dhorn12 at cfl.rr.com; ydubriel at earthlink.net;  flmom2006 at gmail.com; Shelley
Justice; pullieg at att.net; hbeanie at gmail.com;  collegeflorida at gmail.com;
cbishop10 at cfl.rr.com; rwcass7 at earthlink.net;  claviet at gmail.com;
chucktgraham at aol.com; gerryidler at embarqmail.com;  Jordan911336 at bellsouth.net;
bobienla at yahoo.com; dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net;  gvalentin004 at cfl.rr.com;
blindmangary at cfl.rr.com; emi_geo77 at yahoo.com;  asli at cfl.rr.com; marymeeks05 at gmail.com;
golfview07 at att.net;  breoch at bellsouth.net; rgmlaw09 at gmail.com; sharon-37 at hotmail.com;
 ninanene at aol.com; tarajnu at hotmail.com; rabbit0530 at gmail.com;
CommMDB at aol.com;  pagello at yahoo.com; dotswritebrl at aol.com; kvh54 at cfl.rr.com;
sckiser55 at earthlink.net; ardennash at yahoo.com; catlibris at yahoo.com;
melody6262 at comcast.net; dlamb4 at q.com;  juanvalentin89 at rocketmail.com
Cc: Ashley Krauser; Erin  Pagan
Subject: White Cane Safety  Day

Dear  all,

I am  happy to confirm Dwight's earlier announcement.  Lighthouse Central
Florida is planning to observe and celebrate White Cane Safety Day on
October  15th, from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM in front of City Hall in Downtown
Orlando.

We  invite each of you to join us and help us to increase awareness  about
significance of the White Cane and the importance of the White Cane  Law.

We  are very pleased with the high level of support from the City of
Orlando.  Mayor Buddy Dyer will be present to read the City of Orlando  White
Cane Safety Day Proclamation.  Several Commissioners have also  committed to
joining us.

Now,  we need your support and your presence, as well.  The Mayor's
proclamation will probably be read around 11:00 Am and I am sure that you will
want to be present.  If you are able to spend some time with us, would  you
please confirm and let me know what time you might arrive?

We  do have one request.  In order to draw more attention and appear as a
cohesive group, we would like everyone to wear Red and White.  These are
the colors significant to the White Cane.  If red and white are not part  of
your wardrobe, pehaps you can subsitute khaki.

For  your information:  Orlando City Hall, 400  S. Orange Ave., Orlando, FL
 32801

I  will send additional information over the next few days.  Meanwhile,
please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

I am  looking forward to joining each of you for a great celebration of
2010  White Cane Safety Day!

Mary  Clark

Lighthouse  Central Florida

cell:   407/492-0627